WHAT WE DO
- ♦ About VDF
- 07 May 2015
VDF currently has two primary programs in Vietnam and Cambodia.
Since 2006 we have been cooperating with Vietnam Compassion Association (in France), and the United Buddhist Church of Vietnam (UBCV) for two regular charity projects.
1. Regularly distributing gifts and emergency financial support to hundred children with cancer.
2. Periodically aid to the needy disabled, including war-veterans from South Vietnam, and lone elderly.
We have also distributed financial assistance to victims of natural disasters, “land grabbing”, and civil society activists who are in hardships.
Since 2013 we have established and developed educational support programs for the stateless children, and food assistance to the poor.
We currently sponsoring/supporting 600+ students in three province of Prey Veng, Kampong Chhnang and Pursat:
1. 100+ students at Samaki School in Kandal Village (Kampong Chhnang province).
2. 250+ students at Sixth Commune, Neak Loeung (Prey Veng province).
3. 30+ students at Bai Cat, Neak Loeung (Prey Veng province).
4. 65+ students at Cau Duc Village, Neak Loeung (Prey Veng province).
5. 170+ students at two floating villages in Kangdien district of Pursat province.
(*) The number of students always floating due to several factors including family’s financial hardship, location of works changed as well as families moving in/out of the school area. Figures are based on May 2016 report.